If You Suspect Your Teen may be Using

Don’t Panic. Talk to your teen to find out what is going on in their life. Educate yourself on teen drug and alcohol use. http://timetoact.drugfree.org/think-first-step-ask.html

Consider getting a professional evaluation at Community Recovery Resources
www.CoRR.us  (916) 782-3737 
Community Recovery Resources provides intensive, early intervention and rehabilitation strategies to combat the destructive effects of substance abuse to the youth and their families in Placer County. Parenting education are also provided to promote and support sustained success.

A brochure on this topic: http://www.theantidrug.com/pdfs/ei/parents_brochure.pdf This pamphlet will guide you through the process and help you decide what to do next.

Drug Screening:
This site offers a self-test to assess if you have a drug problem.

CPY advocates that all parents of teenagers randomly drug test their teen.
This should be done as a standard practice, and not as a punishment. It will be much easier to test your teen as a middle school student, rather than waiting for high school. Random drug testing is a tool that gives your teen another reason to say “no” when they are offered drugs.

TEST MY TEEN www.testmyteen.com Everything you need before, during, and after implementing a home drug testing program to break tension, preserve trust, build relationships, enhance communications and keep your family safe.

DRUG TEST YOUR TEEN www.drugtestyourteen.com Parents – you can prevent teen drugs, alcohol, and tobacco use. Visit this site to purchase quick, accurate, inexpensive, and private in-home tests. Give your teen another reason to say NO. To get a special 10% discount, enter RYAN in the code box.

Although this site includes links providing direct access to other Internet sites, the Coalition for Placer Youth (CPY) takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on those other sites, and does not exert any editorial or other control over those other sites. The information on this website is provided for general reference purposes. It does not constitute medical or other professional advice and should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice for your child. Only a qualified, licensed physician can determine the individual treatment that is appropriate for your particular circumstances. All decisions about clinical care should be made in consultation with a physician. If you need immediate assistance, please dial 911.